Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Seven years of college for that?

I grew up to be a princess. No, not one of those spoiled whiny ones, like the girls on Friends. Nor the archtype daddy's little precious. I grew up to be Boudicca (Boadicea). I dreamt of cutting Roman throats while leading my hairy savages towards Londinium.

Alas! It was not to be. Boudicca is not short, and does not put tissues in her bra.

Nor, as it happens, does Boudicca have a degree in philosophy. Try getting a decent job with that, why don't you? A philosphy degree is about as useful as a flat chest if you want to be noticed, but at least they take you serious when you're applying for a job.

I could have stayed back east and married Avi. My dad always said I could do anything when I grew up. So I grew up to be a second rate Boudicca, but I will not settle for a second rate King, even if he is small dark and handsome. I am looking for someone who wears tweeds well instead.

No comments: