Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crash fumble clatter

I'm worried about him. This was supposed to be our third date, but it seemed more like a car-wreck. In addition to stuttering much more than usual, he also knocked over his water glass, spilt his co-cola, and stabbed himself in the cheek with the fork. Plus stumbling, and dropping his car keys.
Is this normal? I mean, I know he's clumsy when nervous or out in public, but IS THIS REALLY NORMAL?!?


On the plus side, we spent two hours in his car talking about the east-coast. At least we didn't talk about the pallies this time; after what happened in Berkeley last Thursday, I don't think I could've taken it. I'm so upset! And yes I know that the Jewish students were stupid not to tape everything that happened and take the names of all witnesses not likely to lie through their slimy green pro-Palestinian teeth, but still. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?! Running into a trap just isn't a good thing. What if the pro-Pallies had had bats or chains? Or knives?

But really, they should thrash those bigots sometime. Anybody walking across the Berkeley campus, even before this happened, could feel the hate when going by SJP activists. This is not a part of the world where you are safe wearing a star of David, and the area near the Berkeley campus is even riskier. West-Coast people are insane.


Well, not all of them. But lots.


Back to our date. He's got relatives in BP, of all places. And they're not even black hats. I would've thought maybe Massachusetts, or even New Jersey (shudder), but Boro Park?!?! Good heavens! He's planning to fly back for thksgvg, and will return the first week of December. I wish I could go home too, but even with both jobs, the money is tight. He'll e-mail and call me. I wonder if I should have him meet Abba? And is he maybe tooooo frum? Is that even possible in the Bay Area?


Still, he's very VERY sweet. We're going to a movie after next shabbat. He's a gentleman in the dark.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

so i clicked on Harriet the Spy in my favorite books to see who was wonderful enough to have read it

New Paltz is in NY correct? a SUNY school? Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not. I went to SUNY Fredonia and also migrated to California.

love your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

You don't find clumsiness endearing? Doggonnit, there goes another one of my dating stategies!

Suzycat said...

Eephus (Ephraim?), unless you're stalking me, you shouldn't just chuck it overboard. Has it worked for you in the past?
If it's considerate clumsiness it could be. Ever! So! Cuuuute!!!!

Heh.

Anonymous said...

Stalking is a dating strategy which I chucked overboard decades ago.
I am thinking of switching to inertia as my new strategy.

Anonymous said...

Decades ago? And still in the market?

Sounds to me like you switched to inertia already.


So nu, is it working any better?


---Grant Patel

Anonymous said...

Patel Sahib-
Don't you have panties to sort?

Suzycat said...

You two have athing with panties. Maybe you should get a room.